Monday, February 29, 2016

2/29

I didn’t go off the deep end, I chose to dive.

My spirit animal is a dead dog trying to play alive,
Chasing the tail side of a trick coin with three heads,
A spinning cerebral Cerberus barking up the wrong tree,
With brittle branches thinning as it climbs out on a limb,
Splintering claws carving macabre tallies of no apple prize,
Warning leaves show contorted faces crying out,
 As wise winds vie to blow off a withering genealogy.

The good book has been glued shut with the sap of God’s miracle elixir imbibed.

Genesis generated power zapped, lapped up by snake-long tongues,
From a hole at the bottom of the cup that no longer runneth over-
Drawn blood bank drops below threshold under pressure-
Of arrow-sticks in the mud muck made by stem cells,
Apoptotically shed,
From Saint Sebastian’s ironically smiling head;
“Smite me O’Mighty Smiter!” he said,
Lamenting the souls lost in transition,
Those of us perpetually too far from the river bed.

But don’t cry for me;

 I didn’t go off the deep end, I chose to dive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment