Monday, February 17, 2020

I Will Become an Artist

Dedicated, but detached;
an accurate description of my life and my art practice thus far.
I am safe in my distance and distractions.
The violence surrounding me in my early life has compelled me to be an architect of layers for the sake of safety.
I don't think I've ever truly let anyone or anything in nor fully committed to any relationship or goal.
I see depictions of passion and pain I feel incapable of.
How can one make art without true passion and true love.
How can one commit without the capacity to lose.
How can one lose without letting something in, letting the love burrow into your heart in such a way that if it leaves, the hole in its place can never be filled in the same way again.
Seeking mimicry and false idols until the soul undergoes a revolution against it, becoming something new entirely.
I want to commit to my art and shed my layers, letting the revolution begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment