Monday, June 13, 2016

fuck the system

I have six months to make up my mind on what to make of my life.
I’d rather watch makeup videos online than lineup for the professional pecking order-- setting individualism aside where ironically, I’m supposed to stand out and simultaneously abide,
I’ve never been good at following the rules and it’s not that I don’t understand,
I’m just bad at going along with the authoritative posturing bullshit and lies…

I’ve been told I’m insensitive and perhaps a bit sociopathic,
But if I don’t find it funny I probably won’t think to laugh at it.
I won’t remember to shave because I don’t think hair is offensive,
And if I hear a baby whine I’ll probably scowl at it,
But whip your tit our to feed it and I won’t bat an eye,
Because feeding your child is totally fine.
I’ll pick up your books if you drop them,
And lend a hand if I have half the time,
I’ll always obey the right of way,
But in the end your path I cannot follow if yours is the only say.

Fuck the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment