Saturday, March 19, 2016

Huh

I’ve been gone for a few days,
Or maybe the past nine years;
Maybe I’ve never been anything concrete at all.

How do we define ourselves?
By what we love?
By who we love?
By what we do?
What papers say about us?
Who we are and are not related to?

How do you define love?
I think love at its essence is a strong positive force that draws you towards continued interaction.

How do you define happiness?
I think I know what happiness is like…
When I think I’m making the right choices to further my goals,
Or when I feel like I’m exactly where I should be,
Or around people that I feel most or even more like myself with,
Or moments of pure ecstasy.

How do we become how we are?
I know it starts with a lot of outside influence as a kid, but at what point (if ever) does it become my responsibility at my own volition?
How would I know what changes to make for the better when I’m not sure what better would be?

Maybe the only thing that’s concrete is the abysmal cinder block of questions tied to my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment