Monday, March 7, 2016

Jameson

Reach for your cold beach glass green translucency,
To see through calmer eyes, ride smoother tides,
That don't bother waiting for moon landing lies...

Don't you know every hour can be a happy hour;
When your watch conveniently dies and you're always set at a quarter to five,
It's easy to turn that dour frown upside down,
To a cosine smile when you flip the sign around,
From anonymous to at least,
I'm honest-with-myself-autonomous,
On the contrary to your desert drought ideology,
My psychology has always led me to get more than my feet wet,
So go ahead and place that bet to set me up against your better judgement.
Coming from a house of worship built of cards and on coins,
Preaching your path is the only end of a lonely road,
But no road is one way at its essence.
And even though I look both ways before I take a swig,
I know it is I who judges myself primarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment