Monday, March 28, 2016

Withdrawal

I’m dizzy with psychotropic truancy
Truth be told, these eyes can hardly focus on this screen
Jittery, jitterbugging
But calmer than usual for walking on wavy grounds aside

CLickkkk
IRRITABILITY INVASION
That clerk did nothing wrong
Not everyone moves at the speed of light
 I’m trying to listen, but I’m planning the next five years in five different ways in my head
Plans plan planning plans

CliCkkkkkk
Shiny white nail polish
Twenty-five cents or a dollar only in the circles at the top
I shouldn’t ask to fix your messy braid

ClickkKk
Now I want the eggplant with cheese and those giant sunglasses
Now I want to string dangling rubber ducks from the ceiling and throw multicolored glitter everywhere
Now I want to paste eyeballs cut from magazines all over the walls and dip my feet into Fanta
Let’s listen to the same song seven times in a row
Let’s try and sing along with a mouth full of pop rocks

Let’s draw watches on our wrists and pretend time works for us

No comments:

Post a Comment